Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Expectations of Reading Levels at Each Grade Level


Establishing Reading Levels and Goals for Students


Most of us probably know what level our students should be reading by the end of the year, but my RTI Intervention Team uses this chart  as one factor in determining what type of  intervention our students need.  It will show you how far below or above your students are at any time of the year. On the contrary, it could also provide you will enrichment placement. :-)

It is also a great link to share with parents at the beginning of the year. It establishes expectations for each of your students, and it will allow the teachers/parents/students to know how to establish goals for their children/students. 





Goal Setting


After we have established each student's reading level, I establish mid year and end of the year goals with my students. Here is one of the goal setting sheets I use with my students. 


This link will take you to my Teachers Pay Teacher store that contains all of my goal setting sheets, graphs, and certificates. 


I hope these things give you some ideas of what you can do to establish expectations and how to get there. :-)  Happy beginning of the school year!



No comments:

Post a Comment