Friday, November 22, 2013

Welcome to my Blog! I am excited that you have stopped by. I have been teaching for 17 years. I have taught a 1st/2nd,  3rd/4th classroom, and a 4th classroom. Also, I have been a Literacy Coach, and currently, I am a Reading Recovery Teacher/Reading Interventionist! I love my job, but at times my job is very stressful... I always get the most challenging students...oh yeah, I guess that's why I'm an interventionist. :-) Although many of my students are extremely challenging, there are rewards to my job. It feels so good to truly see struggling readers grow into students that LOVE to read! I had a student tell me today, "I just love when you come to get me. I love to read!" On the other hand, I often hear remarks like these:  "I didn't ask for a reading teacher."  "I hate to read." "Why do you always ask me to read?" But, once you see that same child going on his own to the library to check out a book, you know you have changed their life forever. That is one of the many rewards of working with struggling students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment